Saturday, July 5, 2014

JULY 11-12 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #1

My second Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of the summer will take place Friday, July 11 and Saturday, July 12 at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The sale hours are 9 am to noon on each of the two days. As always, there will thousands upon thousands of comic books and other items for sale at bargain prices.

The comic book and magazines are filling up nicely. The hardcover and trade paperback boxes are already full. This next garage sale will offer a dozen or so boxed sets of non-sports card series and a whole bunch of mass market paperbacks that haven’t been offered at my previous garage sales.  Time permitting, I’ll put together another dozen $5 mystery boxes.

I’m continuing to uncover cool stuff as I go through long unopened boxes in preparation for my garage sale. In the category of “Tony is keeping these for now,” I excavated a long box containing Batman #101-354. I also found the complete run of Hawkman from the Silver Age of Comics. Whenever I decide I can part with these, I’ll most likely sell them through an auction house. In the case of Hawkman, that will probably be this summer.

I found what I think is the first fifty issues or so of Hellblazer, the DC/Vertigo series that starred John Constantine, scheduled to star in his own live-action TV series. After I consider the likely impact of the series on the value of these comics, I’ll probably put the earliest issues in my “specially priced comics” boxes. Visitors to my next sale will find a near complete run of the 1970s Shazam in those boxes.

I’ve been putting a lot of great comic books in my quarter boxes, but you’ll have to come to the garage sale to learn what they are. The same for the magazine boxes which now include an amazing array of comics-oriented magazines. To make room for them, I pulled out all the issues of People I had for sale.

Weather permitting, I’ll have a “free stuff” table just outside my garage. It’ll have those issues of People as well as a pile of equally free stuffed animals.

I placed announcements of the garage sale on Craig’s List and took out my usual classified ad in The [Medina] Gazette. Outside of some fine tuning, I’m pretty much good to go.

Keep watching the bloggy thing for more garage sale updates. I’ll post them when and if I have more information to share.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment