Wednesday, July 23, 2014

JULY 25-26 GARAGE SALE UPDATE

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale is Friday, July 25, and Saturday, July 26, at 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio. This will be another short update, but I’ll have much more to tell you in Thursday's update.

I went to the Fortress of Storage over the weekend and brought back a dozen boxes of stuff for restocking. However, when I unloaded the boxes from my van, there were twenty of them. Apparently, I was so excited about this garage sale that I lost count as I was loading the van. Math is hard.

Some of my funny Facebook and other friends have asked me a couple of questions about the garage sale. The questions made me laugh and all, but, cautious guy that I am, I’m going to answer them anyway.

QUESTION: Are all the hotels in Medina booked?

ANSWER: They wish. Just in case anyone was serious about spending the night in Medina, I did a web-search of hotels and motels within a five-mile radius. The Internet gave me a list of eleven: Towne Motel of Medina, Castle Noel, Xanterra Parks and Resorts, Red Roof Inn, Motel 6, Hampton Inn, Super 8, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn and Suites, Medina Motel and Best Western. While I can’t vouch for any of them, I will mention that Castle Noel is a year-round Christmas museum and gift shop. In other words, not a hotel.

QUESTION: Will there be a shuttle bus from the Medina High School parking lots to your garage sale?

ANSWER: No. Parking is on the street, though I urge you to look at and follow the posted parking signs. I have no idea how many people will be coming to this garage sale, so I can’t offer you a lot of advice. If it comes down to it, those high school parking lots areonly a block or two away from my house. There is no parking in my driveway on either day.

QUESTION: How much does it cost to get a badge for the Driveway Con panel?

ANSWER: You don’t need no stinking badges.

QUESTION: Are you afraid we’ll draw too much of the crowd away from Comic Con?

ANSWER: That does weigh heavily on me, though that particular pain might be due more to those twenty boxes I was lifting than anything else.  

If you have other questions, the odds I answered them in one of my earlier updates is pretty good. If you have a question that I have not yet answered, ask it in the comments section, on my fun-tastic  Facebook page or via e-mail. I’ll either respond to you directly or in tomorrow’s update.

That’s almost all for now. Later today I’ll be posting the “note to parents” I always have available at my garage sales. Watch for it.

Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment