Sunday, July 20, 2014

MY BEST GARAGE SALE EVER (JULY 25-26)


My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale is Friday, July 25, and Saturday, July 26, at 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio. To ease my disappointment at not being able to attend Comic-Con International in San Diego, I’m working hard all week to make this garage sale my best garage sale ever.

First off, I’m playing with the schedule a bit to accommodate those fans who can’t make to the garage sale during the regular morning hours.  Here are the scheduled hours:

Friday, July 25: 9 am to noon

Saturday, July 26: 9 am to 11 am

Saturday, July 26: 5 pm to 7 pm

As always, the garage sale will offer tens of thousands of comics and other items at low prices. I'm doing major restocking for this sale. I made one trip to the Fortress of Storage on Sunday and came back with a dozen boxes. I anticipate making at least one more trip to the Fortress before the garage sale.

I'm lowering the price of my rare Superman posters to $10 each for that weekend. On my next trip to the Fortress, I plan on bringing back at least one and maybe two full boxes of these posters. When you come to mt garage sale, you’ll see one of the posters standing on the front lawn to welcome you to Medina.

Everybody loves my $5 mystery boxes. I’ll be putting together more of these boxes for this garage sale. My previous record was a dozen boxes. I’m aiming to top that.

From here on in, no dealers will be allowed at my garage sales. I’d rather sell my Vast Accumulation of Stuff to fans and readers.  If any dealers come to the sale, they will be refused service. I’m not kidding about this in the slightest. My garage sales are strictly for the fans.

Wait! There’s more!

On Friday and Saturday, I'm encouraging people to cosplay at my garage sale.

If you come to my garage sale in a comics costume, you get a coupon worth $1 in garage sale merchandise. That’s just for showing up in a comics costume.

If you come to my sale in a comics-oriented costume that knocks me for a loop, you get a coupon worth $5 in garage sale merchandise.

If you come in a costume I really like of one of four Tony Isabella creations - Black Lightning, Misty Knight, Tigra or Tobias Whale - you get a coupon worth $10 in garage sale merchandise.

If you have the very best costume of the weekend, I will give you a coupon worth $50 in garage sale merchandise.

But, wait, there's more.

On Friday and Saturday, at random times, I'll select a customer and ask them a trivia question that involves something from my career in comics. If you answer the question correctly, you get a coupon worth $1 in merchandise from the garage sale.

But wait, there's still more.

I’m talking about...DRIVEWAY CON!

On Saturday, after the garage sale closes at 11 am, we'll be holding an honest-to-Godzilla comics convention style panel with Tom Batiuk (Crankshaft and Funky Winkerbean) and Mike W. Barr (Batman, Camelot 3000, Star Trek). The three of us will be sitting around talking about our favorite comic books and answering your questions.

The panel will be held in my driveway. There will be some chairs available from my patio, but you might want to bring your own chair to make sure you have a place to sit.

This weekend’s Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale is about the fans and about the fun of comic books.

Please spread the word to your friends and keep reading the bloggy thing for further updates.

Tony Isabella

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha, sounds awesome. If only I was a few hundred miles closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY wish you'd hold your sales in St. Louis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too. Darn. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wasn't totally tied up with work this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If any dealers come to the sale, they will be refused service. I’m not kidding about this in the slightest." Thanks Tony! Does this mean that loser John Howard from the Komix Korner won't be there?

    ReplyDelete