Wednesday, September 24, 2014

GARAGE SALE COUNTDOWN: TWO DAYS AND COUNTING

My last Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of 2014 happen this weekend, Friday and Saturday, September 26 and 27, at the Isabella family garage at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The hours of the show are as follows:

Friday, September 26: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 5-7 pm

My neighbor Sue - I have the best neighbors - joined me for a fun couple of hours at the Fortress of Storage. With her help, I went through every single box in my two units in search of comic books I could easily add to the garage sale season finale. We filled the van with well over a dozen boxes of cool stuff.

Focused on this weekend’s sale, I decided to leave for another day the consolidation of the two units into one. There is no question we’ll be able to accomplish this, but I may want to hold on to the second unit for an upcoming household project.

While I never like to predict the future, I don’t think I’ll ever again have as many quarter comic books as at this final garage sale of the year. While I still have around two hundred boxes of comics and books and magazines between the storage units and the Isabella home itself, most of these do not contain comics I’m willing to sell for a quarter each. While I have a notion in the back of my brain for getting more quarter comics for next year’s sales, it’s not a plan I’ll be following through on for a while.

Today will be devoted to putting together mystery boxes, which were sadly absent from my last garage sales. At the minimum, I hope to have a dozen mystery boxes or more available for purchase when the garage door opens on Friday morning.  This will clear up a bunch of space in my comics, magazines, hardcovers and trade paperbacks boxes for what Sue and I brought back from the Fortress of Storage.

Two very special items will be on display during the garage sale. These are items I’ve been telling my customers about for a couple years now. Both are over 25 years old and would almost certainly be  detrimental to the health of anyone who tried to ingest them. One is an unopened jar of Superman peanut butter, the other an unopened tin of Superman cocoa.

As I write this update, I have no idea what these collectible items might be worth. I’ll be researching that tonight and pricing them accordingly. If I can’t find prices for them, I’ll sell them to anyone who makes a reasonable offer and who will sign releases that absolve me from any harm they may come to if they do attempt to use or even open these products. These rare items might even be on the EPA watch list. Okay, I’m kidding about the EPA watch list, but not about the releases.

I’ll have another update for you on the morrow.       

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment