Saturday, September 27, 2014

GARAGE SALE HAPPY CAT

My last Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of 2014 concludes today, Saturday, September 27, at the Isabella family garage at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The hours of the sale are as follows:

Saturday, September 27: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 5-7 pm

Yesterday’s garage sale was a tremendous success. Happy customers bought huge piles of comic books, paperbacks and other items. The brisk sales allowed me to achieve 89% of my financial goals for the entire weekend in just that first day.

I didn’t sell either the vintage, unopened jar of Superman peanut butter or the equally vintage, slightly compromised Quik cocoa box.However, a postal worker tells me the post office wouldn’t consider either of the items to be hazardous. So, if they don’t sell today, they will quite possibly show up in one of my near-future online Vast Accumulation of Stuff sales. I hope to resume the online sales as early as next Friday, October 3.

What amazes me as much as the vast quantity of comics and stuff I sold on Friday is how many great items are still available for the final day of the garage sale.  When I did some minimal restocking yesterday afternoon, I added another two hundred or so comic books, magazines, trade paperbacks, etc.

I started Friday with twelve of my famous mystery boxes...and sold eight of them. Because I’m more than a little crazy, I put together four new mystery boxes for today’s sale.

I am looking forward to today’s sale with a mixture of excitement and sadness. Excitement because the summer’s garage sales have been so successful. Sadness because it’s the last one of the year and I will miss seeing my regular customers.

That’s all for now. Look for a garage sale wrap-up report sometimes tomorrow.

Look for a return to full-size bloggy things on Wednesday, October 1. I have a lot to write about in the coming weeks, but feel free to send me your requests as well.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment