Friday, September 12, 2014

UNLEASH THE DOGS OF GARAGE SALE

My penultimate Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of the summer begins today and continues tomorrow at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The garage sale hours are as follows:

Friday, September 12: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 5 pm to 7 pm

Nothing in my life has gone quite as planned over the past couple months, but I’m about 70% happy with my garage sale set-up at this way-too-early-in-the-morning time. I put out several new boxes of quarter comics and a lot of quarter paperbacks. I also added a new box of more-expensive-but-still-bargains comic books, including a really nice run of The Brave and the Bold.

Unfortunately, despite my plans and wishes, I won’t have any five-dollar mystery boxes this weekend. Slowed by a sour wrist and one hell of a toothache, I never got around to putting those together.I hope to have at least a dozen mystery boxes ready for the final garage sale of the summer:

Friday, September 26: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 5 pm to 7 pm

I had originally intended to have a garage sale in early October as well, but that isn’t going to work out for me. All the stuff that hasn’t gone as planned in August and September is still in play at present. I need to get it all handled before the end of October on account of I’m appearing at three conventions over a three-weekend period starting October 26 and continuing through November 9. I’ll post that convention schedule for you before the end of the month.

In other Tony stuff...

I visited my father at the nursing room/rehab center yesterday and he was doing well. When his stay there is concluded - and I hope it isn’t for a while since it’s a great place and since he’s as happy there as a guy who would rather be in his own home can be - he will likely be moved to a different assisted living home. I’m going to be putting a lot of miles on my van in the months to come.

My September blogging will continue to be spotty. I have a couple paying gigs on my desk that will hopefully be finished by the end of next week. I’m currently renting two units at the ultra-secret Fortress of Storage and want to consolidate them into one unit and save myself a few bucks every month.

Look for an update on this weekend’s garage sale tomorrow. Unless I decide to goof off and finally see Guardians of the Galaxy or any of the other movies I want to see.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. Dude! Go see Guardians of the Galaxy! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete