Tuesday, November 3, 2015

TUESDAY MORNING UPDATES

The Akron Comicon is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, November 7 and 8, at the University of Akron’s Quaker Square. Please visit the event’s website for more details.

Toys that Time Forgot is sponsoring my appearance at Akron Comicon. The store is in Canal Fulton, a small town near Akron, Canton, and Cleveland in Northeast Ohio. TTTF is one of the largest vintage toy stores in the Northeast United States. In addition to vintage toys and non-sport cards, owner and proprietor Dan Hare offers comic books, newer collectible toys, such as Transformers, G.I. Joe...one of the largest Star Wars collections in Ohio...new Marvel, DC, and McFarlane action figures...TV memorabilia and gaming cards.

This sponsorship is a first for me and I thank Hare and Toys That Time Forgot for their efforts on my behalf. If you have a comics-related business or store and would like to sponsor my appearance at some future event, e-mail me with your proposal.

On Saturday at Akron Comicon, I’ll be appearing on a Superman panel hosted by the Siegel & Shuster Society’s Mike Olszewski with Mike Sangiacomo of The Cleveland Plain Dealer, legendary comics writer Mike W. Barr and Brad Ricca, author of Super Boys: The Amazing Adventures of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster--the Creators of Superman. I’m not a member of the Society, but I’m delighted to discuss one of the greatest comic-book characters of them all and, more to the point, Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Since my own Black Lightning was created in Cleveland, I’m kind or sort of a distant creative cousin to Jerry and Joe.

I watched the second episode of Supergirl on CBG last night. When I resume full-scale blogging later this month, my first blog will be on Supergirl and Gotham. Look for it in mid-November or sooner.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another update.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. I think Supergirl is a very worthy companion to Arrow and the Flash. The pilot was good, despite some conveniences laid out for Kara joining the secret alien hunters. Also, I can't stand Callista Flockheart's Cat Grant. I love Callista and I really hope they do more than make her a shallow imitation of Meryl Streep's "The Devil Wears Prada" character. Hopefully her interview with Supergirl in the excellent second episode will be the threshold of defining her character much more.

    ReplyDelete