Sunday, February 14, 2016

VALENTINE’S DAY UPDATE

Here’s wishing a happy Valentine’s Day to all the lovers out there and online. I’ll be spending my day with Sainted Wife Barb and our children. I hope you have someone to hug today.

Yesterday, I posted some of my goals for the immediate future and I’ll have some more of those between now and the full-scale return of the bloggy thing on March 1. However, today, I wanted to update you on my 2016 convention and appearance schedule.

Here’s where I’ll be this year:

Friday, February 19: Pensacon (Florida)

Saturday, February 20: Pensacon (Florida)

Sunday, February 21: Pensacon (Florida)

Friday, February 26: Wizard World Cleveland

Saturday, February 27: Wizard World Cleveland

Sunday, February 28: Wizard World Cleveland

Friday, March 4: Cleveland State University Comics Club

Saturday, April 2: Gem City Comic Con (Dayton)

Sunday, April 3: Gem City Comic Con (Dayton)

Saturday, April 16: Fantasticon (Toledo)

Sunday, April 17: Fantasticon (Toledo)

Saturday, May 7: Toys Time Forgot (Canal Fulton)

Saturday, May 21: East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention

Friday, June 17: Indy PopCon 2016

Saturday, June 18: Indy PopCon 2016

Sunday, June 19: Indy PopCon 2016

Friday, July 15: G-Fest (Chicago)

Saturday, July 16: G-Fest (Chicago)

Sunday, July 17: G-Fest (Chicago)

Thursday, July 21: PulpFest (Columbus)

Friday, July 22: PulpFest (Columbus)
              
Saturday, July 23: PulpFest (Columbus)
                
Sunday, July 24: PulpFest (Columbus)

Friday, July 29: Monsterfestmania (Akron)

Saturday, July 30: Monsterfestmania (Akron)

Saturday, September 17: MECCA Con (Detroit)

Saturday, October 1: Cleveland Comic Con 2016

Sunday, October 2: Cleveland Comic Con 2016

Friday, October 21: Grand Rapids Comic-Con

Saturday, October 22: Grand Rapids Comic-Con

Sunday, October 23: Grand Rapids Comic-Con

Saturday, November 5: Akron Comic Con

Sunday, November 6: Akron Comic Con

This schedule is fairly complete. I’m definitely not going to add any additional appearances from March through July. August is wide open. I would be willing to add an appearance in September. There won’t be any additional appearances in October. I would be willing to add an appearance in November and one in December.

Over on Facebook, I have been discussing charging for autographs, as well as charging some nominal appearance fee to conventions and other venues. There’s a lot for me to consider here.

However, for all of the conventions and appearances listed above, I will not be charging appearance fees or charging for autographs. That will also be the case for any other events that I add to the above schedule this year.

This year.

I’ll be hitting 65 on December 22. Depending on what else is going on in my life - work, health, and so on - I likely won’t be doing as many appearances in 2017. Gather your autographs while you may.

I’ll be back tomorrow with a bloggy thing preview of Pensacon, the Pensacola Comic Con being held February 19-21.           

© 2016 Tony Isabella

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad you won't be making New York Comic Con but from the looks of your schedule you might have to jump in a phone book, break a date with Lois Lane and jump a few tall buildings just to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me to attend New York Comic Con, the promoters would have to invite me...and cover my expenses. I don't think this is likely. Since any convention in New York would be an expensive undertaking for me, you'll not see me at any shows there unless either some convention or some publisher brings me in.

    ReplyDelete