Thursday, June 1, 2017

THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY IN MAY

Life is full of challenges, bumps in the road and some frankly horrendous people, but, even in such darkness, there is always plenty of light if you make the effort to recognize and embrace it. That’s what I try to do every day in my “Things That Make Me Happy” Facebook and Twitter posts. Here’s the list for May...

May 1: Stan Lee being inducted into the White Castle Hall of Fame. This is why my once-boss and always-friend is...The Man.

May 2: Hasan Minhaj’s brilliantly funny and fearless performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

May 3: Sainted Wife Barb will be joining me at the East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention.

May 4: The Medina County District Library levy passed by a margin of two to one. Kudos to this most precious resource.

May 5: Former Marvel Comics writer Bill Mantlo is moving into his own house where he will have the in-house care he needs.

May 6: David Reddick’s Intelligent Life. The strip tickles me with its comics, cosplay and other fan references.

May 7: Breakfast with Barb at the Sisters Century House Restaurant in Canal Fulton, Ohio. What a wonderful place!

May 8: Craig Yoe and IDW’s Weird Love. The oddest, wackiest romance stories of them all!

May 9: My Free Comic Book Day bounty from Stormwatch Comics. Over 50 issues for me to read and review.

May 10: USA is doing a two-hour holiday reunion of Psych with the original cast and creator. I sense a good time coming.

May 11: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. All the action, heart and humor of the original and then some. Just wondrous.
                                                                            

May 12: Michael Rooker’s amazing layered performance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

May 13: My Facebook friends always come through for me when I seek information or advice.

May 14: The Stamp Out Hunger food drive of the National Association of Letter Carriers, It’s delivered over a billion pounds of food.

May 15: My Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales, which resume in June. I’ve missed doing them.

May 16: Gwenda Bond’s Lois Lane prose novels. They might be young adult, but they’re terrific no matter your age.

May 17: Ronny Chieng’s Daily Show segment on flying cars and rich assholes. Nailed it!

May 18: The Black Lightning pick-up. I’m as excited for my creation as I am for myself, Trevor Von Eeden and the fans.
                                                                                 

May 19: The Black Lightning trailer. I laughed, I cried, I thanked the universe for giving me such a moment.

May 20: Philadelphia. Barb and I had a great time there. We plan to stay longer on our next visit.

May 21: My Pioneer Lifetime Achievement award from the East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention. No honor has ever meant more to me.

May 22: Hanging out with Don and Marsha McGregor. Barb and I love them so much.

May 23: The East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention 2017. Always a great event and always life-affirming.

May 24: Elementary’s season finale. Joan Watson for the win and an amazing cliffhanger.

May 25: The Flash season finale. I totally called the surprise at the beginning and, despite the cliffhanger at the end, thought it was a solid episode that stayed true to the characters.

May 26: Cleveland’s WBNX-TV sent me a gift box congratulating me on Black Lightning and welcoming me to the CW family.

May 27: Frank Lovece. He’s been a true friend to folks I treasure. He’s not just a good guy. He’s one of the best.

May 28: Knowing there’s a statue of Mick Rory in Washington, D.C., in the Legends of Tomorrow Universe.

May 29: Mark Dawidziak’s most excellent article on Black Lightning in last Sunday’s [Cleveland] Plain Dealer.
                                                                         

May 30: Michael Eury’s Hero-A-Go-Go. A fun read that gave me ideas for several new projects.  

May 31: “Don’t Stop Believing”. This classic song really gets me and it never fails to move me. 
 
I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2017 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. I've been a fan of Intelligent Life for a couple of years. Glad to see that you like it too!

    ReplyDelete